Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bond Reboot Redux

I haven't been hearing a lot of love for 'Quantum of Solace' - the new Daniel Craig Bond flick. I'm not sure why. I've read a couple begrudgingly positive reviews alongside complaints that Bond wasn't forthcoming in giving the ladies his Golden Gun.

(If you know what I mean.)

I don't think that the only thing going for the previous outing was the fresh take on the tired super-spy genre. It was a lot more than that. Babes, violence, Aston-Martins. What more could you ask for?

The latest go-round is about as perfect an Indiana Jones flick as you could ever ask for. Heck, it pretty much beats all the Bond flicks and 'Raiders' sequels combined. If you're looking for non-stop action and thrills. 'Solace' is basically an endless loop of chases and battles.

And I mean that as the highest praise.

No comments: